Monday, April 27, 2009

What to BLOG?? - Confessions of a naive Blogger

* but what to blog about!!!!???

I have a blog-page of my own, no doubt,
But I don’t know what to BLOG about??

This question has always come to my mind on and off from the day I posted my first blog and today I take it up only because I think I have an answer.

Atleast from the word BLOG.I can infer that it refers to a 'log'. A log which simply put means records of what you have done, what you wanted to do etc. etc. So basically a blog is your dairy on the net. But then why would you want to maintain a dairy (which seems to be always a personal dairy) on a very public domain like the internet. It was this thought which prevented me from posting my daily happenings on the blog. Another thing was that who will be interested in what I did daily. Would it not be a bit more than trivial and yes after a certain point of time all too monotonous? They say that change is constant but then they can never say when change will come ;)

But wait who says that the BLOG has only to be a record of what happened to you or what you want from life? It can also be a forum where you can showcase your literary zeal. You are a great poet, a budding author go ahead post your creations. You will be satisfied that atleast you got a chance to ‘publish’ something. This idea seemed plausible and I, a self proclaimed ‘decent poet and author’ in my initial posts (actually a lot many posts) posted only poems and stories.

The flip side of this was my posts began to be few and far between. I just waited for that spark of creativity before logging into my Blogger account. There was a time where I forgot my blogger password too (that was before you could log into your Blogger account with your Google (gmail) credentials.) This was shameful I know :)

There is another reason why people blog. To answer critics, voice opinions and yes with that create stirs. But these types of blogs are more suitable for celebrities. My blog-page url has the word ‘celebrity’ in it but I aint no ‘celebrity’ :) :)

Therefore I blog using the middle path, which for me stands for putting your creativity into your day to day things and by that weaving incidents which may not necessarily be very true but would be interesting nonetheless.

After reading this you might say that, “All this while, I was reading lies?” and then maybe decide that from now I aint gonna read this blog.

Don’t do this please. I beg of you ;)

No comments: