Saturday, April 11, 2009

I joined Toastmasters!!!!


On 9th April I joined Toastmasters International. It is involved in public speaking and nurturing leadership skills through a worlwide network of meeting locations. Infosys Pune boasts of a very active Toastmasters club. They meet twice evey month. There is a framework (10 projects) laid down tracing which you achieve certifications like CC (Competent Communicator), CL (Competent Leader), DTM etc. All these certifications are recognised at the corporate level. Each project mentioned above teaches specific traits in public speaking.

Infosys Pune toastmasters also anchor the various functions which happen at the Pune DC. Be it presenting or any activity which involves any form of public speaking.

I will be speaking publicly again after a gap of 4 years. I last stood on stage at MIT where I returned with the 3rdprize :) :)

Hoping that the experience will be rewarding. By the way I am going to post my speeches here :) One more reason for me to increase my blogs :) :)

Here is the dope on ToastMasters:

1 comment:

Nightflier said...

This is one thing I wanted to do very badly when I was part of Infy..I had heard lots of things about the toastmaster's club Bangalore!! But I could not :(

I am glad you are taking part in this. It will be rewarding and enriching to the core :)

All the best!!