Friday, February 15, 2013

"You gotta be kidding me, right!!!??!!!"

More often than not I end up wondering how Life does what it does. Does it have that magician's hat from where it conjures up stuff, some to amaze me, while quite a few just to catch me off guard?

I am sure each one of you feels the same way. It is as if we are all sitting in the same amphitheater watching Life's Magic Show. The acts are not pre-planned, they are intuitive.  There are acts of disappearing, re-appearing that too with a whole gamut of emotions. Just when you think that all the tricks are done, there is this one thing which springs up and each one of us is like "You gotta be kidding me, right!!!??!!"

You just cannot prepare and be ready. You are reduced to a rabbit that has to cross the road each day for the carrot field is on the other side and pray that it doesn't get caught in the headlights of a passing trailer. The surprise comes when the rabbit doesn't get caught in the headlights but rather is hit by lightning as it makes the daily round trip, his last words "You gotta be kidding me, right!!!!??!!!"

As I wade through my life experiences I cannot help but tip my hat to Life and say, "Damn, you sure are a helluva of a player!" It's a peculiar game where you don't lose but learn. You are not knocked down, but helped up -ready and charged up for round 2. Be sure you don't make the same mistakes again because Life is not going to step back and say, "You gotta be kidding me, right!!!??!!" it will just go through you and wait for you to stand back up, again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha... rabbit example bawwsss!!