Thursday, February 28, 2013

India Visit : Packing

I don't know what irks me more than packing my bag before my travel, maybe having a shave once a week, but then you can postpone the latter but the former has to be done.

With 2 more days to go, I think it is about time I will myself to get that shit packed. Though it aint as bad a bitch as it was when I was leaving Pune. But even then the entire charade is energy sapping to say the least. Well enough of bitching about this, I know this doesn't help my cause. It has to be done one way or the other!

My travel plans were solidified only a week ago and I like that in a way. That means by the time people know that I am travelling to India; it is too late to demand for stuff to be brought back. No I am not rude to anybody,  I kind of encouraged each one to go ahead and have those items shipped to me. Hell, I even ordered stuff myself for my sis so that I don't go back empty handed. But (un)fortunately a storm seem to hit the Midwest not too long ago, disrupting shipments and delaying them. Chances are a few of my other friends will have to just pick up my slack and get stuff to India when they travel later in the year.

The resistance is not about carrying stuff back home, but the fact that when it comes to gifts, especially to parents, they want you to choose it. It is some weird kind of notion that what I select might just give them an indication of where I stand as far as loving them is concerned. Same applies to my sis as well, but then she is much more grounded and knows that her bro just can't handle this. So she very deftly compiled a list and sent it to me (which as I explained in the last paragraph, might get delayed! <devilish laugh>!!). The sum total of this is that, I will have to raid the duty free store at the Mumbai airport if I am expecting to have an incident free stay at home.

Thankfully the weather seems encouraging as we head into Friday and my flights starting early morning Saturday should be on-time. I have got a 10 hr overlay at New Jersey and I am still deciding if I should ask a friend of mine to pick me up and entertain me till my flight is due. The thing is, I have kinda lost contact with him since he married (which I presume bachelors do to every other married friend, I am now thinking it's out of jealousy more than anything else). What complicates matters (in my mind only) is that now he is a proud father and I am not sure how to conduct myself around a kid who can barely hold his head. But then if I don't end up getting free wifi at the terminal, I might as well hit him up albeit reluctantly. I don't really want to disturb his 'Garden of Eden' together with the kid!!!

I think this is enough for now. I will start packing, I mean atleast planning the packing in my mind. I wanted to say 'mentally' there instead of 'in my mind', but then that sounded psychotic to me. LOL!

P.S: I hope I didn't mess up the usage of 'former and latter' in the very first paragraph of the blog!

No comments: