Monday, December 31, 2012

Last day of the Year : 2012


Congratulations to one and all as we did make it to the end of this year without facing world annihilation!!! Now that I/we have got this far might as well spend sometime jotting down my thoughts on the year that will soon be filed away under the label 'bygone'.

In more ways than 2012, was a revelation to me more so on the personal front than anything else. My belief that my world is a combination of a String theory with a mix of the Chaos theory has only strengthened. The String theory not from the physics perspective but more so from the perspective that we are all mere puppets connected to 'Strings'. One yank of the String here and things shake up causing a puppet at the far end to make a move which it seldom expects to make- that is how I bring the Chaos theory into the mix.

I have always been on the look out for newer life experiences expecting each one to teach me something new and make me a better individual. 2012 has been replete in such life experiences and I thank this year for that. Of course more than anything else this year I have felt the need for friends and I am proud to say that they have been steadfast and I am thankful to them. I do wish I will also be able to return the favor if called upon in the future, which I am hoping will not be anytime soon for their own well-being.

Now that I have got the heavy stuff out of the way here are a few other things which I would like to brag about and I few I wouldn't:


  1. Completed the GR reading challenge of reading 50 books in the year
  2. Blogged regularly. A total of 45 including this one is no mean feat 
  3. Didn't totally suck at Fantasy Football. Atleast didn't end up 12th in the league of 12 :) 
  4. Went to the gym for 2 days in the entire year. Spending a total of 35 mins overall
  5. Did not puke but cried thanks to too much of alcohol. Dont want a repeat of that ever. :X
  6. Frequent trips to Austin made that my second home in the US.
  7. Am successfully staying alone and commuting in the bus as I go about my daily business in Des Moines
  8. Didn't visit India in 2012. Plan on doing it in the first half of the next year.
  9. Arsenal is still battling for the 4th spot in the EPL, like every year.
  10. The Patriots will win the Super Bowl this year.

No new year resolutions for 2013. I would be more than satisfied if I could continue in the same vain for next year. Nothing more, nothing less!

Wish you all a Happy New Year! Be safe and God Bless!





3 comments:

Nightflier said...

still laughing over no. 5 :D

Advait Borate said...

Dayyum girl..give it a rest will ya!!!

Axel said...

Yay for number 5!