Saturday, December 22, 2012

26 Acts of Kindness

Yesterday evening as I was standing at the bus stop near Walmart, a girl approached me and handed me a envelope, wished me a Merry Christmas and walked away. The envelope from the looks of it had a card and some quarters. A random act of kindness I thought, which sure did bring a smile to my face, until I got home and opened it. This is what it contained apart from the quarters:

 

#26Acts is a campaign to do one act of kindness in memory of each person murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary School. I was a part of that anonymous girl's 26 Acts of Kindness, and I feel blessed that I was a part of it. 

As she wrote in her card : Please be kind to others!

Check out this link for some more info: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/12/20/167713372/newtown-shootings-inspire-26-acts-of-kindness-campaign



No comments: