Thursday, August 23, 2012

Name on the Back : Gooner Pride : Survey results

I absolutely adore percentages for the simple reason that they hide the actual sample size and effectively bring about a sense of purpose to whatever you are reporting :)

Now that I am coming out with the survey results my previous statement seems to be in a negative light and potrays that the sample size of the survey barely made the double digits. Both no and yes. No to the pessimism and yes to the sample size. The email to Arseblog didnt really get noticed, guess I have to do better than this to be the Rebecca Black of Gunner forums ;) I am taking heart from the facts that almost everybody whom I wanted to respond did respond. Guess I do have a small circle of Gooners around me..LOL that doesn't really bother me.

Cutting the crap and getting right to it:

1)  The Arsenal player from the current squad (2012-13) who's name you would want on the back of your Arsenal Jersey?


Wilshere---------50%
Cazorla----------12.5%
Vermaelen------12.5%
Podolski---------12.5%
Fabregas(??)----12.5%

Really not surprised to see Jacky boy right up there. Fans already see him playing all his club football at Arsenal elevating him to legend status alongside the other Arsenal greats. The fact that he was given the famed squad number 10 only underscores that. Looking forward to his comeback to club colors. He is sorely missed till then no doubt

Cazorla made it purely on what he did against Sunderland the other day, I think :)

Somebody actually mentioned Fab. Not sure if it was sarcastic or the individual really sees Fab as still the part of the squad. Well for the fan Fab is still as much a Gooner as a Barca player.

2) The Arsenal player from the all-time Arsenal player list (1886-2011) who's name you would want on the back of your Arsenal Jersey?

Henry---------75%
Bergkamp---12.5%
Viera---------12.5%

Looking at the responses, I felt 'duhh!!!'. I was thinking to myself, 'really you had to ask that question!!!??' I am not saying anymore on this :)

P.S:

I was goggling for an hour trying to find an Irish bar or any bar in the Des Moines area which airs EPL matches. The search results were not encouraging at all until I bumped into this : http://www.arsenalamerica.com/2009/09/04/hello-from-the-des-moines-area-gooners/. This was like a Mardi Gras for an exhibitionist ;) (hope that analogy worked). So I got onto it and sent out an email to their 'branch manager' only to be slapped back by Gmail for sending stuff to an invalid mail id much to my chagrin.

For a moment there I had my hopes really high about being in Des Moines. Damn!!!!

Anyways its the visit to Stoke this weekend. COYG!!!!



1 comment:

niks08 said...

RVP on my tshirt for sure