Friday, August 31, 2012

Get ...Set...Checked in..

This is what I bumped into on Twitter and I have no reason to deny the fact that this is exactly what I do in 2012. The picture talks about food, but then my endeavors are not always limited only to food.



Over a period of time it has almost been a ritual for me to check in on 4sq whenever I visit any place. I have had to face the ire of quite a few friends due to the fact that instead of settling in my seat and looking over the menu, more often than not I am frantic to get that 4sq 'check in' done. I must confess that there are times when I do feel that it is a burden but then it 'has to be done'!!! I am not boasting to be a mayor of 100 places on 4sq or something but I guess my 4sq usage is pretty respectable. Now if those points which you earn on 4sq would somehow translate to money or even better discounts I would be more than happy :)

4sq does have some offers on select establishments but the money back offers are mostly on AMEX cards and I don't have any. I have redeemed only one offer till date using 4sq and that was the FREE SALSA and CHIPS at Chillis. I know its trivial but then I sure was excited :)

The most invaluable thing about checking in on 4sq which I have found are the tips which other users have left. So if you end up in an alien city visiting a restaurant which you picked randomly you at least have those tips to help you order what is the best thing available there. Let me tell you those tips have not really let me down.

So the sum total of the blog is that if you see my check in on 4sq in the future don't be getting hyper on my 'showing off' skills but try it yourself.

P.S: 'The Little Bird' (she blogs here: http://night-flier.blogspot.com/) is coming down to the US for a 'little' over a month and has voiced her desire to give me a run for my 'check ins' on 4sq. Well I have got my travel calendar sorted out girl and it says at least Kansas and Austin to begin with in the near future.

No comments: