Monday, August 17, 2009

Read my blog...somebody please...do leave your comments!!!

(The background: I have recently started posting on InfyBlogs too. And as crave for attention, I refresh the blog page every 10-15 mins to check if somebody commented on my blog or not. But yeah, you are right, no many do and that sure makes me sad. What adds fuel to the fire is my friend Kali. Now he is blogger and writes real well too. Respect for that. But he gets a lots of comments (of which half are his own...but the bottomline is..he gets a lots of comments :( ). So this write-up comes up to address my frustration and yes to gain more page views on InfyBlogs.. :) )

I have never been good at presenting myself. Back in school…well forget about school…I was presentable then…at least my mom says so and she is correct too, she did take pains about me wearing regularly washed and ironed school uniforms and yes regularly polished shoes too. I used to tie my own shoe laces mind you. Learnt that in Std VII (ok…fine…I am a slow learner but not lethargic mind you!!!).

As my mom says and she is correct again, “Everything changed when you enrolled in that engg collg in Pune and yes got that room in the hostel.” (mind you it was COEP, arguably the best in the state after of course IIT B but mom had her reasons to hate it). So be it in my hostel or college I was this disheveled guy, with a stale beard and an even staler t-shirt (no..no don’t look away please, I have not even mentioned my smelly floaters yet). My friends (including girls) didn’t exactly run away from me, but looking at the state of my t-shirt they could guess whether it was the first or the fourth consecutive day I was in those rags (pardon the exaggeration)!!!

Let me tell you a secret,though, the branded t-shirts (like Reebok and Nike) are real worth. I mean I did a round of regression testing on my Reebok t-shirt and it lasted the toil where other t-shirts lost their sheen or just fell by the wayside. So basically I was never presentable, but for the way I spoke or wrote!!!! And I should admit that nothing much has changed these days, only that formal shirts are a bit delicate and a bit costly and have to be washed regularly. The tie with the knot can be pulled on until your roommate mistakenly puts it in the washing machine with the heap of his clothes ;)

With this history behind me, it suddenly struck me that I was not diverting enough traffic to my blog page. So I thought out the reasons and here are my thoughts, point wise (for ease of the reader, “I care so much for the reader, but then why don’t I get many :(???”)

1) You have to be regular in posting: 1 guy reads your blog on 25th Dec 2008. Then one fine day 29th March 2009, he is relatively free and suddenly remembers, “I must check Advait’s blog. Last time I went to his page he had written an engaging account. Here it is.”. “What is this?? The same old entry. Hummmphhhh…another one of those wannabes!!!” :(


2) Profile pic : An interesting profile pic can do wonders. “Where did that “Joker!!!” pic go…Damn these software security guys” :(


3) Write about LOVE: This is a top draw I tell you. LOVE made not only Yash Chopra what he is today but many others too. One name comes to my mind but then I don’t want to offend anybody and say NOM. But ..but its not my fault….so many people talk about LOVE that even a real story will seem like a “Seen that, read that (a 100 times) before” :(


4) Make your presence felt on the BB (the public folder) first: I tried. But damn the server, by the time my reply got posted there were like 10 replies already posted and when I, myself read my reply I found out that it was way out of sync. Others who read it would say, “Man he sure is slow…Ramayan ho gaya aur puch raha hai Sita kon hai!!!!” :(


5) Attend bloggers meet: I did…I did attend it….I seriously did… what!! you don’t remember me. Hey I am clean shaven now. Maybe that is the reason you don’t recognize me. But I did attend it. I swear!!!! :(


6) Appear to be an apprentice of another blogger of interest: I tried even that..Kali you know I did that. But then everybody wants to have a piece of the BATMAN…no one if wants to glance at ROBIN :(


7) Break ur story in parts. Arouse interest: I tried that too. But by the time I completed part II, I forgot who the main characters were and part I was one story and part II was another L


8) Post on BB that you have posted on your blog and ask for comments: I did that. Whatever moderate comments you see are thanks to that. But then I don’t think I managed to get the timing of the post on the BB right. And now getting attention is not possible. “These SWINES, I tell you!!! I always hated them. Flithy ba#$%^&*!!!” :(


9) Don’t give up: Whatever you do. However disheartened you are don’t give up!!!! That’s what I am doing right now!!!! :) :) :)


BLOG ON!!!! :) :) :)
End Result: This post attracted 15 comments on Infy Blog..most of them of sympathy!!!!! :)

8 comments:

Neha Chakke said...

he he he so finally heres the thing tht u narrated on
Sat eh...The Batman-Robin thingie was funny....n yup the former part reminded me of ur ragged unshaven disheveled look, sat mornings vr the peak since u managed to rush to labs at 8am unbrushed n chewin gum, wit a typical scratch of the stubble,:D...n hell i do look fwd to ur blogs..am pretty regular

Neha Chakke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neha Chakke said...

hey u forgot to mention the smelly socks man.....floaters will tk a beating...he he he

Nightflier said...

Good one :)
And dont even get us started on your appearance and tidy ways..remember the write up kissa ?? (You know who!! ;))
Even I want to hear/read the batman-robin connection..blog on :)

Prachi Dange said...

I like all ur blogs unless they r abt something football which I dont underatnd.. keep writing :-)

आदित्य गोपाळ गुंड said...

dude dnt worry i will check your blog... baki kisine nahi kiya to me karunga..(dnt expect me to update my blog regularly)

Humera said...

this surely deserved a comment.. :)
its always sooo much fun readin ur blogs..m a fan u know it, so why comment..

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i came across this blog.Added adducelebrity.blogspot.com to my bookmark!