Saturday, August 01, 2009

The First Job



I was busy congratulating others when they uttered my name,
“Was it really me?” I asked, but it didn’t matter, others had also heard the same.
Thus I got my First job,
And so for a living, a bank I didn’t have to rob.

An electrical engineer in the software field,
Said my father, “Your fate is sealed;
Waste will be your knowledge;
Entrapped you will remain in this cage.”

“No, no I have ambitions” said I,
“We will see about that.” said he with a sigh.
To prove him wrong I decided, I planned,
But soon my dreams were canned.

Now the ambitions are no more,
And even my dreams have become sore.
Thus I am still in my First Job;
And now I wonder, why didn’t I find a bank to rob??!!!

(I met an acquaintance some days back on the bus stop and while talking he said, “Its very difficult to leave your first job”. That line just remained with me and now this poem is what comes out).

5 comments:

Anup Gupta said...

Same here...“Its very difficult to leave your first job”...excellent poem...

Ketaki... said...

I left my first job and now that I have and I can't find another one.. I wish I hadn't.

Nightflier said...

It was one of the most difficult phase of my life..leaving my first job, my dream employer for something unknown..

A part of me still wishes to go back and change it, though :) :)

Prayag said...

What did MARKOV say ?
The likelihood of a given future state, at any given moment, depends only on its present state, and not on any past states...

Rahul Vidwans said...

He best ahe! Sahi hai bhidu tu.
I was going thru the posts of persons who comment on ur posts. They r all good at inking down their thots. Feels cool to read some cool stuff! :)