Sunday, June 07, 2009

For You TiTo

(This is my 3rd poem in the For You series. Over the years this is my 4th poem which I have written for or dedicated exclusively to a single person. TiTo is a nickname for Tirthadeep. He is a Bengali :) I know that you all know that I am not on all that great terms with Bengali boys (girls is a different matter. I mean Bengali girls have that innocence on their face and damn the eyes they make me go week in my knees. Sorry for losing focus :( .Anyways Tito sat next to me in my cubicle for a better part of his Infosys career and this is the least I could do. As he moves on to IMT Ghaziabad. Here wishing him all the best!!!!)

The cherubic dark face will remain,

Ever smiling, sometimes irritating.

The bespectacled eyes will stare back,

Ever inquisitive, sometimes childlike.

The forged bisceps and the forearms will remain,

Ever taut, sometimes paining.

The stories of how the weekend was spent will stare back,

Ever interesting, sometimes boring.

The "Ohh puhlease" and the "Bloody Hells" will remain,

Ever sarcastic, sometimes amusing.

The "My name is Tirthadeep, but you can call me Tito" will stare back,

Ever so wannabe, sometimes stylish.

The "Last Day" mail in my pst will remain

Ever longing, sometimes clichéd

The time you spent with us here will stare back,

Ever cherished, sometimes "too short"!!!!!!

3 comments:

P1 said...

thats a nice one .. your friend would be so pleased !!

Nightflier said...

:)

TiTo said...

and why is it that you dont get along too well with bengalis? care to elaborate?