Tuesday, October 02, 2012

905 days too early!!!


This post is early, way too early. Well to be precise it is exactly 905 days early, but I think it has to be said now like all other things in my life which I have said not when they were supposed to be said but when I wanted them to be said. Some turned out for the good, some could have turned out a lot worse but didn’t whereas a major chuck just didn’t matter to anyone or anything.

It has been years since I came off the ‘coming of age’ phase of my life and I do feel a bit disappointed that it had to come to this but then I guess I am getting into the ‘growing old’ phase of my life and let me tell you finding that first gray hair on my head has nothing to do with it.


For quite a few months I feel this change in mean, its weird, but I feel the sense of responsibility creeping into me - be it doing things that need to be done on time, like taking out the garbage, worrying about from where my next meal is going to come – my own kitchen or a burger place, and the best of them all, the nagging dilemma that will a 6inch suffice or should I order the footlong?

I thought the metabolic manifestation of the growing old phenomenon would be more or less connected only to my appetite, but this past week I realized much to my discomfort that it has quickly engulfed my ‘fluid’ intake as well. The days when I went on binges are well and truly in the past. The time has come when I will be ‘holding my drink’ for more than monetary considerations. Two days to get out of an hangover that too when the second day involved sleeping for 14hours straight is not at all something I would want to repeat add to that a small incident where I just started crying for no apparent reason and I cut a really embarrassing figure. So the next time you see me cradling that beer bottle for a moment longer than you expected me to then just let me be!!!

I am not sure what I will be like at the end of the 905th day from today. But atleast now I am sure that the journey has definitely begun.

P.S: 905 days from today the date will read 26th March 2015, I would be 30 years old then!!!

2 comments:

Nightflier said...

I know this is a reflective post, but I still find the entire incident super funny! :D
I am going to tell it to your kids :P

Anonymous said...

nice post dawg!