Sunday, July 15, 2012

Yahoo Fantasy Football League 2012

I had the good fortune of being included in the Fantasy Football League started by folks back in Austin. The fact that the planning for the League started when I was there is a mere coincidence, so in a bid to further my interest and knowledge about the goings-on of the NFL I agreed without hesitation.

Till now I think I have pretty much got a hang of what is to be done. The league is of 12 teams and my team is called the 1stDowners. The league is named the 'Sacks in the City'. The draft is scheduled to be on 25th Aug at 5pm CT. I will be one of the three out of towners participating in the league.


I did watch a fair bit of action last season. Considering that I was located close to New England, it was natural for me to follow the Patriots and the fact that they made it all the way to the Super Bowl only endeared them to me. However now that I will be moving to Iowa, I guess geographically speaking I will have to look out for the Packers, Vikings and the Bears. Having said that I still feel that I will be following the progress of the Patriots. Not to mention that Brady is going to be my first round pick in the fantasy league provided he is still up for grabs as I have the 7th pick.

The fantasy league has 4 first timers including me so I am not necessarily banking on 'beginners luck' to take me through, but even if I suck the 16 weeks are gonna be fun with a lot of trash talk with fellow competitors and of course some very good NFL action.


1 comment:

Nikhil said...

Right on brotha!! Although I would not discuss my draft strategy on a blog :-P
Looking forward to the fantasy season!