Friday, March 29, 2013

Circumstantial

The very act of decision making has always amazed me. I bet psychology would have quite a few books on this topic, but each time after I have made a decision in life, when I just try to analyse it, I am amazed at how exactly it went through. Let me clarify that I do not regret the decisions I have made, but if I pose as an outsider and try to analyse I am left smiling at the fact that decisions are not only your own, but they are slaves of circumstances. Circumstances is a very crude word. How about I use the words - fate, destiny, God's will? Now does it feel important to you!!!

Am I being too critical?  I really don't care. What I am more interested in now is not the decision, but the way in which I am going to take it to its fruition. 

There were a gamut of things which I had planned on doing before leaving for my vacation for which I just couldn't find time, which involved catching up with friends and visiting old haunts.Too sad to even list them here. But then as they say - No Pain No Gain ;) 

There will always be that proverbial 'Until next time'!!!

P.S : Currently reading : The Casual Vacancy

3 comments:

Nightflier said...

Talking of decisions, I am compelled to tell you about this course on irrational behavior I have taken up (behavioral economics to be specific). throws some good light on this aspect ;)

Advait Borate said...

sounds interesting. will definately take it up.

Black Sea said...

Cognitive bias works in making quicker decisions. Look it up.

There is a course on Psychology on Udacity starting on June 3. Nightflier might be interested
https://www.udacity.com/course/ps001