Friday, May 04, 2012

Stay Hungry..Get Something New

This has been happening to me for quite some years now. I write about it only now because I thought it was just a passing phase. Fortunately or unfortunately that is not the case. So how about lightening my 'burden' by sharing it...

Every 3-4 months out of nowhere I get this sudden feeling that there should be 'something new' in my life. I don't think it is something profound that I wish to change but something small, really inconsequential but even then something which might make a difference in my life.

Somehow I knew the urge was materialistic. For a novel experience I turned to online shopping. The small things which I needed to again feel good about my existence where books to start with. Flipkart, Infibeam, Indiaplaza etc were the sites I frequented. The new releases sections were scanned biweekly to see if any of the novels would interest me and ofcourse fit my monthly 'novel' budget.

After that was the turn of the t-shirts. I bumped into this cool site almost 2 yrs back Inkfruit.com which had really cool tee designs and messages as well at an affordable price. Next time I got that same feeling, I was scanning the site and ordering a tee. Those tees hold good even today :)

This same feeling in the US, gave me my cellphone, my kindle, a few additions to my wardrobe and the latest and brand newest of them all - Gillette Proglide Styler :)

I did survive OK I think after my 'Beard Tales', with a few of the clients surprised at what they called the 'new look' and a few commenting candidly that I could hide behind that beard all I wanted but they will eventually find me when needed!!! Infact I was introduced to a few as a 'look-shifter' something of a mutant, not sure how would I look the next week. The attention both positive and negative added that much more excitement to a mundane weekday.

The beard is now the thing of the past.I am a well groomed gentleman now. I am so impressed with this Proglide styler that I actually went ahead and created my own banner for the product :


Guess the Friday's gonna turn out good after all.

At the end of it, all I can say is "Stay Hungry, Get Something New!!!"

No comments: